Thursday, August 6, 2026

my favorite overnight oats recipe!

 hi everyone!

    with the start of fall semester looming for many of us, I wanted to share my tried and true overnight oats recipe! last fall, I unfortunately had many 8 & 9am college lectures & studios that lasted for 3 or 4 hours - and no motivation that early in the morning to do much of anything, let alone cook a filling breakfast or pack food for class. as someone who would just grab a granola bar in the morning all throughout middle and high school, I spent a little more time and effort into my self care when I started college. for me, this meant breakfast!!

enter: overnight oats

    in the past, I could never get into oats (it was a texture thing) but I was determined to find a recipe I liked. thus, after many experiments and recipe combos, I finally found my holy grail- tried and true by various friends of mine- so now I will share this in hopes it makes your early mornings just a little easier :)


✧˖° ⊹ ࣪ ˖ ⋆.˚⟡˖° ⊹ ࣪ ˖ ⋆.˚✧


Ingredients: 

1/2 cup of old fashioned oats 

1 tablespoon of chia seeds

1/2 of a mashed banana

1/4 cup of vanilla greek yogurt

a splash of vanilla 

a drop of sweetener (typically honey or maple syrup)

cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice

1/2 cup of milk

optional: scoop of protein powder


Steps:

super easy! just combine all ingredients (except the milk) into the container of your choice. I typically use mason jars because they are leakproof and super convenient for me to take to class! now, you are going to want to add your milk individually, immediately mixing completely to prevent any chia seeds from clumping up! then you just store your sealed oats in the fridge overnight, and voila!! they last up to 5 days refrigerated, and you can add any mix-ins or toppings you want in the morning :)


✧˖° ⊹ ࣪ ˖ ⋆.˚⟡˖° ⊹ ࣪ ˖ ⋆.˚✧


    now, lets talk about mix-ins. i was mixing nutella and strawberries in for a while, but I ended up swapping the Nutella for chocolate chips because I just love the crunch! plus, they are a little bit easier for me to toss in when I am running out the door. I would recommend any type of fruit (think berries, peaches, etc) and something to give it a little extra crunch or flavor (chocolate chips, nutella, jam, peanut butter, granola, etc) 



    BEWARE!! this recipe is so good I have eaten it TOO much!!! be sure to try new mix-ins, spices, flavors, and let me know your favorite early morning recipes!! I might make this a mini-series, so please leave some comments to keep me from yapping into the void!!

xx

aud🌱


No comments:

Post a Comment

take a brain break and paint something!!

```

long time reader, first time blogger!!

 hi everyone! welcome to my little corner of the internet! get comfy, grab a cup of tea, light a candle, and lets chat :) I wanted to create...