Monday, August 10, 2026

reality tv... yay or nay?


I've never really been an avid reality tv watcher, but since I started college I've been diving back into early 2000s tv. I've always loved dramas like the OC, One Tree Hill, Pretty Little Liars, Supernatural, etc. 

early 2k reality tv is so full of sexism, homophobia, ed culture, etc that just makes it so hard to consume. I tried my hand at a season of early UK love island, and a few seasons of the original Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders "Making the Team" but neither shows really scratched the itch I was feeling (well, I absolutely binged DC when I was packing for college... and then I never watched it again!) 

then one day, Survivor walked into my brain and built itself a room.

I had the brilliant idea of starting Survivor from SEASON 1!! yeah, I know... we are on season 52 I think?? needless to say, I binged multiple seasons over a few months and then guess what? I hit a season that was ranked so low, I got burnt out and completely stopped watching the show last summer...

well, recently I tried again at the reality tv/gameshow genre with the UK gameshow Taskmaster. I am watching my second season of it and I am LOVING it!! The seasons are much shorter than your typical reality tv seasons, and I have absolutely loved the casts for both seasons I've seen (seasons 19 & 21). I fully recommend them if you are looking for a laugh!! (plus, s19 has Matthew Bayton and he's so sexy ngl I love him)



Taskmaster has reignited my reality tv itch, and so I have just started a fresh survivor season. I think it's a good genre to watch when you just want to turn your brain off, especially when I am not busy with school!

my question to you is do you like reality tv?  what are your favorite reality shows? also, if there are any survivor fans out there lmk if you want me to drop my thoughts/rankings on the early seasons :)


xx

aud 🌱


p.s. I'm also playing around with what sorta content I wanna blog about, because I could yap for pages and pages on my favorite shows and media, but until I start getting some interactions (comments, etc) about what y'all care about I'm so unmotivated 😖

5 comments:

  1. I LOOOOVEE Big Brother. They do competitions and try to build social connections and one person gets voted out every week. It is SO entertaining. There is a bit of homophobia and some misogyny in the early seasons unfortunately, but the further you go the better it gets. My favorite seasons are 10 and 14

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, thank you so much for responding to my comment and for the shout-out on your blog <333 I LOVE your blog and your color scheme is so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks!! and I'll have to add big brother to my list :)

      Delete
  3. I'm reallyyy not much of a reality show enjoyer because I get bored super easily and I never have a connection with the cast but I've been OBSESSED with jersey shore. I watched literally every season and now I'm onto the reboot, family vacation, it's definitely an interesting show and not for everyone lol. love from https://yuriprincess13.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for the rec!! also, your blog is super cute!!

      Delete

take a brain break and paint something!!

```

long time reader, first time blogger!!

 hi everyone! welcome to my little corner of the internet! get comfy, grab a cup of tea, light a candle, and lets chat :) I wanted to create...